The Dice Rolling
The Dicenomicon has the richest set of dice:
- All the standard dice shapes (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20)
- Exotic dice shapes (d14, d16, d18, d24, d30)
- Specially marked dice for d100, d1000 and dice for FUDGE
- "Relabelled" dice to simulate d1 (binomial 0 or 1), d2, d3, d5, d7, d9, and averaging d6 dice.
- Dice with text (for generating alignment, simple random tables such as weather and hit location), symbols (zodiac, chess, planets), and roman numerals (just for variety).
- The Classics
Standard dice, readily accessible
- The Wierd
All sorts of dice, from Fudge to d24
- The Custom
Make your own with images, icons, text, etc...
Rolls can be expressed in "ELDERScript" - a very rich dice formula language allowing:
- Simple standard dice ("3d6") and "exploding" (AKA open ended) dice, or specify the color for the dice ("3Rd6" are three red six sided dice)
- Add, subtract, multply, divide dice results and constant values
- Modify dice results to take the highest N dice, lowest N dice, etc... (making it trivial to do "roll 4 six sided dice, keep the 3 highest" = "4d6H3")
- Support for strings, lists, functions
- Conditional expressions
- Parameterized expressions (set up the formula once, reuse for multiple times by being able to fill in a dialog with values such as bonuses, number of dice, etc...)
- Includes support for Storyteller style "count dice greater or equal to a given threshold, subtracting any 1s from that" (so a dice pool of 5 with a target number of 8 is "5d10≥8")
- Roll behavior can be augmented with special "roll macros" that allow, for example, rolling dice and rerolling if a 1 is shown the first time (but not on subsequent re-rolls)
- Formula Editing
Custom keyboards make it quick and easy to edit formulas
Formulas can be generalized to make them easy to reuse with different targets/to hits/etc...
- Favorite Rolls
Easily keep your favorite rolls
Character sheets encapsulate game rolls and character information for a wide range of games (fully customizable via XML)
Support for a wide range of game systems
- Game Rooms
Multiple individual settings so you can trace separate characters in different game systems
- Edit Character Information
Edit details about characters...
- Access Character Information
Provides details, with the ability to roll the appropriate dice
A wide range of accessories are available - including "active" backgrounds as well as easily accessed tools that mean that you don't need to leave The Dicenomicon.
- PDF Backgrounds
Need a handy PDF document ready? Make it the background
- Whiteboard Backgrounds
Or Maybe a Whiteboard
- Character Generation
Accessories to help generate characters
- Score Keeping
Or keep score
- Random Names
Or generate random names/text